Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is a comprehensive martial art that teaches self defense against aggressors whether they are striking, kicking or wrestling. We focus on teaching BJJ grappling techniques to subdue opponents without using punches or kicks. This method empowers students to not only maximize their defensive capability against a bigger and stronger opponent, but also the confidence in choosing a less violent solution. As a result, we believe that our students are better equipped both mentally and physically to handle any potential physical attack without resorting to the more violent approach of using strikes. BJJ is especially beneficial to kids and females where technique must be used to gain an advantage over larger opponents.
There are many reasons people train Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. Which one will you choose?
- Improve strength, coordination, stamina and reflexes
- Weight loss and fitness - martial arts is a fun and effective way to live an active lifestyle
- Increase confidence, improve self esteem and focus
- Self defense - be able to defend yourself and it might save your life some day
- Learn self control and discipline - develop composure and a clearer thought process
- Challenge yourself, nothing is handed to you
- Develop and strengthen the mind and body - increase mental and physical capabilities
- BJJ is extremely good for your mental health
- Stress relief - always leave feeling so much better
- Learn hard work, integrity, humility and to be kind, harness patience and self control
- Learn the value of courtesy and character development including building life skills
- Learning how to deal with failure
- Socialize and meet new people, bonding and team atmosphere
- Great way to bond with your family
These lessons apply to all aspects of your life.